Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fire safety

I have not experienced a fire at my home or neighborhood. I would not want to be in or near a fire. If ever a fire were to break out at home or outside, I would immediately call the fire brigade and tell people to go to a place for away from the fire itself. I would then search for a fire extinguisher and try to weaken the fire. I think that carelessly discarded cigarettes, children playing with lit matches are the main causes of fire. We could try to warn younger children not to play with matches and advise smokers to make sure that their cigarette butts are fully extinguished. We should install more fire extinguishers in convenient locations. I think our pupils are fire safety conscious. When we have our fire drills, most students obey the rules and assemble at the designated places. If I had the chance to introduce games or activities related to fire safety, I would choose games. We could name them as 'Put out the fire' or ' Save Us!'. We could offer interesting prizes for winning or getting the highest score.

No comments:

Post a Comment